My Blog List

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farmers Markets and Flea Markets











Happy Saturday to all! The weather here in Michigan hasn't been too great this week! Cloudy and cold! Only 60 degrees here in August! What is up with that? I wanted to share some pics today of things from flea markets that you can make pretty! Oh- and some fresh flowers from the farm market this morning! Beautiful! I love my gladys!








See the crisp, scrolly mirror? It was ugly and gold a couple days ago. Now it has a spot on my dining room wall. All I did was tape off the mirror part and spray paint the frame a glossy white! So easy. Total from start to finish- about 11.00 bucks! That includes the price of the mirror!








Now see that stripey teal chair. I got that bad boy at a thrift store about a year ago. You'll never guess for how much?! ANy guesses?? I bet no one guess a buck. Yup- 1 smackaroos. It came in an old white leather that was all riped up and stinky. I have a great lady that does rehupolsters fabulously! I took it to her with some fabric I got at Joann's and voila! Instant change-o. She has also recovered my loveseat and my couch in a wonderful oatmeal colored linen this year and about 2 years ago two matching club chairs in a wonderful brown and white print I will have to show you guys soon! What a difference though- seriosuly! I wish I had a before pic of it. Will I ever learn?








3 comments:

  1. The mirror looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE that mirror! <3

    I cant believe you got the chair for 1dollar, wth?! And I love it too!

    ReplyDelete