My Blog List

Monday, January 31, 2011

Rug Decision

Hello!

First off, thank you all for your input on my rug dilema!  I know, big dilema...but I have serious commitment problems to home decor!  I like to change things up, on a monthly, sometimes weekly basis.  And it can get quite amusing...and expensive.  So to make my husband happy, I need to make decisions that I can live with for awhile....at least 6 months! ;)  Ha! 

No, I seriously think I can live with these for awhile.  Yes..I ended up purchasing two of them.  I chose this one...

Which might be a little hard to keep clean...but I did have one from Target a few years back and it help up pretty good.  This one from Overstock seems alot fluffier, and cushy though than the Target one.  I am hoping it wears better.  I ordered it in the 6x9....the same size as the seagrass one in there now.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The other one I ordered, not too many people picked..but for some odd reason I could not stop thinking about it.  Weird.  I know.  It is only a rug, but when I saw it, I couldn't get it out of my head for 48 hours.  So, I had to purchase it, right?!  I think it is eclectic and a bit different.  And it is a 6 foot square rug, that I know would work either in the living room, the family room..or even would go great in our bedroom.  It is this one...



Something about it, I love.  Nothing like I have seen before..and to me it kinda looks old..and worn.  Like I like.

So there it is...I hope they come soon!  I am so impatient!

On another note, I ordered this mongolian faux fur fabric.  They first sent me the wrong fur, so I contacted them and they said they did indeed ship out the wrong stuff and that they would send me the right stuff asap.  I was pleasantly surprised that they sent a whole extra yard "for my troubles!"  Yippee!  This is farely expensive at 30.00/yard, so what a great outcome!

Isn't is deliciously cozy looking?!




I think I might make some pillows out of it...although it looks nice, folded up like a blanket...  We'll see.

Hope you all have a great day!  I am off to get some groceries..there is a HUGE storm headed here and they are calling for 12 inches of snow over the next few days..better stock up!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I do like your choices especially the second one. Just got back from the grocery store. People are stocking up big time! Enjoy your week.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices! Let me know how that shaggy rug turns out, I just bought one for my daughters room from target, so far so good! I love the other rug too, it is very simple yet the pattern really draws your eye to it. Can't wait to see them in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOoooh!! I love the choices! Forget what I said about tripping on the shag rug...it's worth a trip or two! That fabric is so cuddly looking. I could really use some! Can't wait to see the pillows.
    Have a great week!
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete